Key Responsibilities of Project Administrator:
- Schedule routine meetings and record decisions (e.g., next steps, assigned tasks etc.)
- Break complex projects into simpler tasks and set goals and timeframes
- Create and update workflows
We are hiring a Project Administrator for joining our team and coordinating the project activities of our company including small simpler activities as well as larger plans.
What does a Project Administrator do?
A Project Administrator manages schedules, arranges assignments, prepares action plans, analyzes risks/opportunities, gathers necessary resources and communicates progress to team members. The ultimate goal is ensuring the projects of a company are completed within the restraints of time, quality, and budget.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have excellent collaboration and communication skills needed to work with a team of Project Coordinators and Project Managers.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Scheduling routine meetings and recording decisions (e.g., next steps, assigned tasks etc.)
- Breaking complex projects into simpler tasks and setting goals and timeframes
- Creating and updating workflows
- Measuring and reporting on the project performance
- Acting as the contact point for all project participants
- Monitoring progress of the project and also addressing potential issues
- Coordinating quality controls for ensuring the deliverables meet client demands
- Retrieving necessary information such as related case studies and client/user requirements
- Tracking expenses and predicting future costs
- Conducting risk analyses
- Preparing and providing documentation to key stakeholders and internal teams
- Ordering resources (e.g., software and equipment)
- Additional certification (e.g., PMP/PRINCE2) is a plus
- Prior experience as a Project Coordinator, Project Administrator or a similar role
- Experience with project management software such as Trello and MS Project
- Experience with technical documentation, flowcharts, and schedules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
Frequently asked questions
What skills does a Project Administrator need?
A Project manager needs to be highly organised and be able to multitask well. Other key skills would include - highly analytical, excellent communication, adept with project management software and tools, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
What certifications are recommended for a Project Administrator?
Certifications such as PMP (Project Management Professional), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), PRINCE 2 are beneficial for Project Administrators.
Learn more about the types of questions typically asked in Project Administrator/Manager interviews.