Do you intend to hire a Project Manager for your firm? These Project Manager interview questions will lend a hand in identifying the best candidate for your requirements.
Considerations for Hiring a Project Manager
Project Managers are responsible for leading a project from the beginning to the end. In addition to that, there is an array of tasks, a Project Manager handles.
- Collecting and presenting results
- Managing the flow of communication
- Negotiating the scope and resources of the project
- Resolving any conflicts of opinion
- Monitoring overall progress
- A liaison with a project assurance representative
- Manage project administration
Considering these immense responsibilities, finding the right individual to fill the Project Manager position becomes crucial to the success of a business. An ideal candidate for this role would be someone capable of extracting maximum potential out of a team in a time-bound manner.
Look for someone who is proficient in planning, procurement, managing, and executing the project. A Project Manager has the accountability to complete the assigned project.
Qualification to look for
- Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree in a related field
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership, analytical, and time management skills
- Exceptional math and budgeting skills
- Strong communication skills
Operational and Situational questions
- Can you describe some optimum project management tools? Which one do you prefer, and why?
- How would you ensure that your project is on track?
- Mention an instance when you had to do away with a team member. How did you manage to explain the scenario to the entire team?
- Can you give me an example of when you made a sturdy decision that eventually backfired?
- Describe your career and project-related goals for the next three months.
- Do you possess any certifications that apply for this position?
- How do you allocate resources?
- How do you manage and monitor risks involved in a project?
- Have you worked on more than one project simultaneously? What was the maximum number of projects that you handled at the same time?
- How do you deal with a project delay, and what are the strategies that you prefer to meet the deadlines?