This Payroll Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Gather information on employees’ number of hours worked
- Receive approval for payments from senior management when needed
- Calculate accurate compensation incorporating bonuses, overtime, deductions etc. using computer systems and payroll software
We are hiring a qualified Payroll Specialist for joining our team and ensuring that our employees receive correct and timely compensation.
What does a Payroll Specialist do?
A Payroll Specialist processes and manages the payroll of a company for calculating wages/compensation on the basis of hours worked.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have the ability to accurately and efficiently calculate payroll using payroll software. In addition to that, you must have strong numerical skills, reliability and confidentiality, along with excellent communication skills needed for interacting with executives and colleagues.
- Gathering information on employees’ number of hours worked
- Receiving approval for payments from senior management when needed
- Calculating accurate compensation incorporating bonuses, overtime, deductions etc. using computer systems and payroll software
- Addressing issues and queries of employees regarding payroll
- Preparing reports for senior management, finance and relevant departments
- Processing payments, taxes and benefits of employees
- Recording new hire information, compensation benefit rates, hourly rates, wages etc.
- Preparing and executing pay orders using electronic systems or by distributing paychecks
- Administering payment statements to employees either on paper or electronically
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Payroll Specialist
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, payroll processes as well as applicable laws
- Sound knowledge of payroll taxes and multi-location payroll
- Experience with payroll databases, payroll software (e.g. Kronos, SAP, Payforce, ADP etc.) and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Excellent mathematical skills along with an analytical mind
- Reliability and confidentiality
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills