This Media Planner job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Coordinate, monitor, analyze and evaluate media strategies and campaigns
- Determine an effective media mix for displaying ads
- Identify and understand our target audience
We are hiring a qualified Media Planner for planning and executing effective advertising strategies.
What does a Media Planner do?
A Media Planner identifies and reaches the desired target audience and also evaluates the success of media advertising campaigns.
In order to excel in this position, you must have a sound knowledge of all market trends and market research methods. In addition to that, you must also have the ability to collaborate and communicate with various teams and take critical decisions.
- Following the media trends of online as well as offline outlets (e.g. TV shows, radio programs, magazines, blogs)
- Allocating budget for advertising campaigns and also monitoring costs on a regular basis
- Optimizing ad campaigns in accordance with geographic exposure, time spans, frequency, and other audience-related aspects
- Determining the best media mix for advertising campaigns
- Collecting and analyzing market data
- Identifying target audiences as well as comprehending their habits and behavior
- Evaluating the success of advertising campaigns and strategies
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Business Administration, or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Media Planner or a similar role; experience in advertising and digital media is a plus
- Experience working with various media channels and outlets
- Sound knowledge of online media analytics, especially Google Analytics
- Sound knowledge of media buying and campaign evaluation metrics (e.g. Nielsen IMS, MOAT, GfK MRI)
- Excellent mathematical and statistical skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude