Ask these sample Kindergarten Teacher interview questions during your hiring process to evaluate candidates’ skills and select the most qualified teacher for your school.
Before you start interviewing the candidates for the kindergarten teacher position, assess all the applicants for your must-have requirements. These usually include a degree in child development or early childhood education, a teaching license and proven work experience as a KG teacher.
The below-given questions will help you assess what is not in their CVs. During the interview focus on learning more about a candidate’s ability to design fun, interactive and simple learning experiences, approach to communicating with parents and their classroom management skills.
Experienced kindergarten teachers will be able to talk in detail about lesson plans they have implemented, teaching methods they find most effective and the progress of their students.
Look for candidates who are energetic, imaginative, adaptable and patient. Top candidates will be confident. Listen carefully to see if the approaches they have used will suit the families your school serves, or if the teaching style meets your requirements.
Kindergarten Teacher Operational and Situational questions
- Tell me about your most relevant teaching experience that makes you an apt choice for this position?
- How do you stay updated on innovations and news in the education field?
- How do you help parents prepare themselves and their kids for kindergarten?
- What are the family details that a Kindergarten Teacher should be aware about?
- What things do you keep in mind when communicating with the family of a student?
- What type of challenges do you face when communicating with parents? How do you overcome them?
- How do you help kids and their parents in preparing a homework routine?
- What do you know about our school?
- Every student learns at a different pace, how do make sure that everyone in your class is learning and growing?
- Tell me about a time when another teacher used your teaching methodology.
- Tell me about a lesson plan that you have successfully implemented.
- How do you handle aggressive, misbehaved students?
- What do you do when you see a student cheating in your class, during the test?
- What do you like the most about being a Kindergarten teacher?
- What would you do if a student gets hurt in your class?
Kindergarten Teacher Behavioral Questions
Behavioral questions help employers to evaluate a Kindergarten Teacher’s behavior, values, and attitudes towards teaching, and their ability to handle challenging situations with professionalism and integrity.
- Can you describe a time when you went above and beyond to support a student’s learning or well-being?
- How do you handle stress and remain calm in difficult situations?
- Can you describe a time when you collaborated with a colleague to solve a problem in the classroom?
- How do you demonstrate respect and sensitivity towards cultural and linguistic diversity in your classroom?
- Can you describe a time when you used positive reinforcement to motivate and encourage students?
- How do you create a positive and inclusive classroom environment that values diversity and promotes social-emotional learning?
- Can you describe a time when you had to adapt your teaching style to meet the needs of a specific student or group of students?
- How do you maintain professionalism and ethical standards in your interactions with colleagues, students, and parents?