Java Developer Position Overview
Basic client/server applications are moving to a service-oriented architecture and enterprises are striving to step up to cloud architecture and mobile applications. In this ever-evolving digital landscape, Java is persistently seen as a major force that enables these advanced technologies.
With Java taking the hot seat in the coding world, the demand for a proficient Java Developer is extremely high. From redesigning the user experience on the website to building mobile apps or ensuring that the business-critical applications and software stays cutting-edge, Java Developers are the ones we turn to. When it comes to building a world-class team of developers recognizing and recruiting quality talent becomes paramount.
Qualifications to look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System or any other closely related field
- A professional certification in Java
Skills to look for:
- Relational databases
- SQL and ORMJ2EE framework
- Java-based web services
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- XML, Xquery, XSL
- JSP EJB (Enterprise Java Beans)
- Test-driven development
A resume by itself doesn’t accurately represent the actual skills of a candidate. Carry out a comprehensive assessment of candidates using this list of Java Developer interview questions.
Computer Science questions
- What are the characteristics of an acid database system?
- How will you detect a loop in a linked list?
- What is the difference between thread and process?
- What are the transient variables?
- How are arguments passed in Java?
- What do you know about encapsulation and polymorphism?
- How will you differentiate runtime exceptions from checked exceptions?
- What are lambda expressions and why is it considered to be a big thing in Java 8?
- Differentiate ConcurrentHashMap from HashMap.
- What is the function of an object factory?
- What is composition in Java?
- What is the difference between the user thread and daemon thread?
- How will you implement the Singleton pattern?
- What is the difference between static and dynamic language?
- Is Java statically or dynamically typed?
- What are the different types of JDBC drivers?
- What is garbage collection in Java?