This HR Generalist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Assist in talent recruitment, acquisition, and management processes
- Assist in devising and implementing HR policies
- Conduct employee onboarding activities and also help develop training and development programs
We are hiring a qualified HR Generalist for joining our HR department and implementing various HR programs.
What does an HR Generalist do?
An HR Generalist assists in the designing and implementing of various HR operations (e.g. staffing, training, development, compensation, benefits, etc.). The ultimate goal is ensuring a company’s HR department runs smoothly and efficiently while also adding value to it.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be a resourceful and competent individual, knowledgeable and passionate about HR.
- Assisting in talent recruitment, acquisition, and management processes
- Assisting in devising and implementing HR policies
- Conducting employee onboarding activities and helping us create training and development programs
- Gathering and analyzing data using HR metrics
- Maintaining employee records and files in paper form as well as in digital databases
- Administering compensation and benefit programs
- Undertaking performance management tasks
- Promoting HR programs for creating a conflict-free and an efficient workplace
- Providing support in HR-related aspects (e.g. leaves, compensation, bonuses, etc.) and resolving problems and issues
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a relevant field
- Prior experience as an HR Generalist; additional HR management training is a plus
- Sound knowledge of all HR policies, procedures, and practices
- Sound knowledge of all employment regulations and labor legislation
- Experience with HRIS software (e.g. PeopleSoft) and MS Office, especially Excel
- A team player with a problem-solving and result-oriented attitude
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills