Front End Web Developer Position Overview
All the customer-facing features of an application are created by Front-End Developers. They are responsible for building everything a user will ultimately see and interact with. Since this day and age, all the users expect an app to be a perfect blend of impressive aesthetics and performance, it becomes critical to find a person capable of ensuring that the rubber meets the road.
Skills to look for:
- Knowledge of basic algorithmic concepts
- Strong understanding of databases
- Innovative approach to modeling
- Knowledge of UI design, graphic design, coding, testing, and integrations.
- Experience with CSS Pre-processors
- Cross-browser development, testing and debugging
While screening the potential candidates make sure you discuss some basic algorithms as it will let you know how they think and sort. Also, analyze whether they are up to date with the latest developments or not. An ideal candidate is the one who is committed as well as inquisitive.
Browse through our Front-End Web Developer interview questions, and make the hiring process a breeze.
Front-End Web Developer interview questions,
- Elaborate event loop?
- How are the objects passed- by reference or by value?
- What is a closure?
- Explain Function.prototype.bind.
- Do you have an idea that you want to try out quickly? Mention the tools you would use to prototype it.
- What is the main difference between a .map() loop and a forEach loop?
- What is “use strict”;? What are the pros and cons of using this?
- Which HTTP status code classes are used to designate client error, server error, and success, respectively?
- When do Load and DOMContentLoaded events get fired?
- Explain event propagation (bubbling phase) in your own words. Do you know any other phase in the DOM Event flow?
- Why is HTML5 History API essential for all single page applications?
- Explain the same-origin policy as a part of the web browser security model.
- Name some storage options that modern browsers provide?
- Why do you think Page Visibility API is useful?
- Mention some steps that constitute the Critical Rendering Path for web browsers.
- Give the basic overview of the Push web technologies that are available today?
- Explain why you would use instead of ?
- What is doctype for?
- Explain progressive rendering.
- Mention some new features in HTML5.
- What is the difference between a sessionStorage, localStorage and a cookie?
- What will you consider while designing a multilingual site?