This Financial Planner job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. The Financial Planner job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Prepare suitable financial plans meeting clients’ requirements and goals
- Recommend and suggest clients on various financial issues
- Create new business ventures and also strengthen relationships with clients
We are hiring a qualified Financial Planner for helping our clients in the management of their finances and other related aspects.
What does a Financial Planner do?
You will be responsible for guiding the clients through all financial areas such as savings, investments, cash flows, and debt management. Your ultimate goal would be enabling clients to make profitable and wise decisions.
In order to succeed in this role, you should be meticulous, analytical, excellent communicator and highly customer-oriented. Secondly, you must have prior experience in business development and financial planning.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as a Financial Planner
- Experience in customer service and sales is a plus
- Ability to inspect financial information and its compliance with all rules and regulations
- Expertise in CRM systems and MS Office
- Strong mathematical skills
- A customer-oriented attitude focused on helping customers to meet their long-term needs
- Strong communication skills and a keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Preparing suitable financial plans to meet client's requirements and goals
- Recommending and suggesting clients on various financial issues
- Developing budgets and sound plans for new business ventures
- Staying up to date with the latest financial products, regulations, and practices
- Building strong relationships with new as well as existing clients
- Finding and approaching prospective clients, and also creating strategies for targeting them
- Presenting financial products in an excellent way so as to maximize the sale
- Modifying financial plans in accordance with the clients’ varying requirements
- Helping clients in implementing their plans and also in carrying out their financial transactions