This Director of Talent job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Organize and oversee training programs for individuals and teams (both in-house and outsourced)
- Plan performance evaluations of employees on a regular basis
- Conduct analyses for finding skills gap
We are hiring a qualified Director of Talent for driving our talent management as well as talent development initiatives across the organization.
What does a Director of Talent do?
A Director of Talent implements performance evaluations on a regular basis, designs succession plans, schedules employee training programs and maintains an environment providing equal employment opportunities to everyone.
The ultimate goal is helping a company achieve its business objectives by fostering a healthy workplace.
- Organizing and overseeing training programs for individuals and teams (both in-house and outsourced)
- Planning performance evaluations of employees on a regular basis
- Conducting analyses for finding skills gap
- Onboarding new hires and conducting orientation
- Coaching employees and providing consultancy regarding development and learning activities
- Discussing career options with talented employees as well as with team leaders
- Performing benchmark research analyses on compensation and benefits
- Crafting policies for supporting internal promotions
- Building succession plans
- Creating organizational charts for defining the responsibilities of each position
- Monitoring and reporting on retention/turnover rates
- Developing employee retention plans such as team-building initiatives
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Relevant certification (e.g. SPHR, CIPD) is preferred
- Prior experience as a Director of Talent
- Prior experience in developing an employee training program
- Experience with employee performance management as well as relevant software
- Experience with HRMS and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of all HR processes (e.g. recruitment, onboarding, training, talent management, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of all labor regulations
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills