This Director of Operations job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Director of Operations:
- Liaise with superiors for setting strategic goals and making decisions for various operational activities
- Plan and monitor daily running operations of the business for ensuring smooth progress
- Supervise staff and also provide positive feedback
We are hiring a qualified Director of Operations for organizing and overseeing our company’s daily operations.
What does a Director of Operations do?
A Director of Operations manages all operations of a company and supervises its employees for ensuring that the company remains productive as well as well-coordinated. The ultimate goal is ensuring business growth and success by safeguarding and augmenting the operational efficiency.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have excellent leadership skills with the ability to discover efficient ways for running and promoting a business. In addition to that, you must possess the competency and ability to effectively plan all operational activities.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Liaising with superiors for setting strategic goals and making decisions for various operational activities
- Planning and monitoring daily running operations of the business for ensuring smooth progress
- Supervising staff and also providing positive feedback
- Ensuring the company operations comply with legal and established regulations
- Evaluating overall performance of the company by gathering, processing and analyzing data as well as key success metrics
- Managing agreements/relationships with vendors and external partners
- Revising and/or formulating policies and promoting their implementation
- Reviewing financial data/information and adjusting operational budgets for promoting profitability
- Overseeing customer support procedures and organizing them for enhancing customer satisfaction
- Managing procurement and coordinating resources and material allocation
- Evaluating the business efficiency according to company’s long-term objectives and applying improvements on a regular basis
- At least a Master’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Director of Operations
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the industry and legal regulations
- Sound knowledge of all business functions (e.g. customer service, finance, supply chain etc.)
- In-depth understanding of data analysis as well as operation/performance metrics
- Experience with business software such as ERP, CRM etc.
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills