This Data Entry Operator job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Data Entry Operator:
- Insert account and customer data by entering numerical as well as textual information from source files in a timely manner
- Compile, verify accuracy and sort information for preparing source data
- Review data for errors or deficiencies, correct incompatibilities and check the output
We are hiring a qualified Data Entry Operator for updating and maintaining information on our company’s computer systems and databases.
What does a Data Entry Operator do?
A Data Entry Operator collects and enters data into databases and also maintains accurate and organized records of company’s information. A Data Entry Operator works with a team under Data Manager with the ultimate goal of maintaining accurate, useful and updated information in a company’s systems as well as databases.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have excellent data entry and typing skills along with a keen eye for details. In addition to that, you must have experience of using related technology, online forms and spreadsheets.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Inserting account and customer data by entering numerical as well as textual information from source files in a timely manner
- Compiling, verifying accuracy and sorting information for preparing source data
- Reviewing data for errors or deficiencies, correcting incompatibilities and checking the output
- Ensuring proper usage of office gadgetry and also addressing any malfunctions
- Complying with data security and integrity policies
- Responding to queries/requests for information
- Scanning documents and printing files as needed
- Keeping information confidential
- Generating reports, storing completed records in specified locations and performing backup operations
- Applying data security procedures and techniques
- Researching and obtaining further information needed for incomplete records
- At least a High School degree; additional certification or computer training is a plus
- Prior experience as an Office Clerk or a Data Entry Operator
- Experience with data programs and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Experience with office equipment (e.g. printer, scanner, fax machine etc.)
- Sound knowledge of daily administrative duties
- Fast and accurate typing with a keen eye for details
- English proficiency with sound knowledge of spellings, punctuation, and grammar
- Ability to handle confidential information and stay focused on the assigned tasks
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills