This Corporate Accountant job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Corporate Accountant job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Oversee accounting procedures for ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Manage financial budgeting, reporting, and forecasting
- Analyze data so as to support upper management in making important business decisions
We are hiring a qualified Corporate Accountant to prepare financial statements, manage accounting operations and oversee our financial forecasting and budgeting.
What does a Corporate Accountant do?
Your ultimate goal would be to advise the upper management in the decision-making process by analyzing important financial information. In order to succeed in this role, you must possess a sharp business acumen and a keen eye for details. You must also have exceptional communication skills since you would be collaborating with upper management as well as various other departments of the company.
Most importantly, you must possess excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as a Corporate Accountant
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and risk-analysis procedures
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks) and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of accounting practices as well as regulations
- Ability to effectively present financial information and forecasts in an easy-to-understand way
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- An analytical mind with special attention to details
- Overseeing accounting procedures for ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Managing financial budgeting, reporting, and forecasting
- Gathering financial data and ledgers
- Analyzing data so as to support upper management in making important business decisions
- Analyzing finances for determining risks and also for creating forecasts
- Advising management on crafting effective business plans and also on resolving cost-related issues
- Supervising, leading and monitoring the team of Junior Accountants
- Handling monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reporting financial information on a regular basis
- Overseeing internal and external audits