Whether you are looking for a Website Developer, App Designer, or perhaps a Software Engineer, coding skills are a common prerequisite for all. In this post, we cover coding interview questions that will help you evaluate the candidate’s understanding of the programming languages and expertise with coding.
Also, in order to identify the best candidate, we recommend you to include a written assignment to assess the applicant’s approach to coding end-to-end projects.
Qualifications to look for:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Diploma in Computer Science and Technology
Experience to look for:
- Experience in IT work.
- Coding experience for various programming languages
Skills to look for:
- Attention to details
Your ideal candidate will be the one who stays up to date with latest developments in coding and is well-versed with the programming language required for the position. Enthusiasm for coding and sharp ability to bypass coding issues will be an added advantage.
Have a look at these coding interview questions to gauge the skills of the aspirants.
General Coding Interview questions
- Explain the coding process you follow beginning from understanding the requirements to the final delivery of the end product.
- Can you debug a program while it is being used? Explain how.
- Which tools do you use to test the quality of your code?
- How do you make sure your code is readable by other developers
- How do you review somebody else’s code?
- Which is your favorite programming language and why?
- If you had to work on projects with colleagues outside the tech team, how would you collaborate?
- How do you keep yourself updated with the latest technology?
- What is the difference between checked exceptions and runtime exceptions?
- In Java, is this possible: “A extends B, C.”
- What is the use of an object factory?
- How will you implement the singleton pattern?
- Explain the difference between String, StringBuffer and StringBuilder?
- What is the use of require and load?
- Describe a module? What is the difference between modules and classes?
- Mention some of your favorite gems.
- Elaborate the following operators: eql?, equal?, ==, ===
- Why are functions considered first-class objects?
- Provide us an example of the filter and reduce over an iterable object?
- Explain potential problems with circular dependencies and some effective ways to avoid them.
- What are the uses and advantages of a generator?
- Explain WebSecurity class and its use.
- What is the best approach to pass configuration variables to ASP.NET applications?
- Explain the most efficient way to use .Net attributes as a method of associating declarative information by utilizing C# code?
- Is it possible to extend any class with some extra methods? If yes, how can it be done?
- What method will you follow to generate random numbers in PHP?
- How do you develop and integrate plugins for PHP frameworks, such as Yii and Laravel?
- State the difference between require() and include() functions?
- How will you get the details of a web browser using PHP?
- What is the difference between block elements and inline elements?
- Explain the difference between margin and padding?
- Why is it a good approach to position JS?