This Bank Teller job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Conduct dozens of bank transactions within established guidelines and time limits (e.g. cash checks, process withdrawals, accept deposits, loan payments, etc.)
- Assess client’s needs and accordingly introduce new services/products (e.g. saving bonds, credit cards, etc.)
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products/services and suggest alternate channels
We are hiring a Bank Teller for acting as the ‘frontline’ of our bank.
What does a Bank Teller do?
A Bank Teller processes all transactions efficiently and accurately while also complying with established procedures and policies. The ultimate goal is ensuring the revenue growth and customer satisfaction of a bank/organization.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be able to sell our bank’s services/products, make dozens of transactions on a daily basis, and communicate with various sorts of clients.
- Conducting dozens of bank transactions within established guidelines and time limits (e.g. cash checks, process withdrawals, accept deposits, loan payments, etc.)
- Assessing clients’ needs and accordingly introducing new services/products (e.g. saving bonds, credit cards, etc.)
- Making sales referrals, cross-selling products/services, and suggesting alternate channels
- Resolving customers’ issues by providing relevant information
- Managing risk in all transactions and also detecting fraudulent transactions for preventing losses
- Ensuring compliance with bank policies as well as regulatory requirements
- Going the ‘extra mile for building trust relationships and achieving customer loyalty/satisfaction
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Finance, Business Administration or a relevant field
- Prior experience in financial services, retail, and personal banking, preferably as a Bank Teller; sales experience is a plus
- Experience with banking equipment (e.g. receipt validators, cash drawers, money counters etc.)
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Computer literacy with knowledge of banking software and MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills