This Assistant Controller job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Assistant Controller job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Support all aspects of finance and accounting management
- Assist in developing policies and internal controls to comply with established best practices and legislation
- Assist in preparing financial statements according to the requirements and official guidelines
We are hiring an Assistant Controller for assisting in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with all accounting and regulatory guidelines.
What does an Assistant Controller do?
You will work with a Controller to identify and prevent discrepancies and will also help in setting up of control systems. Your ultimate goal would be to ensure the accurate financial reporting to a Financial Controller and to keep the company’s financial as well as accounting processes up to the standard.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be detail-oriented, organized and reliable. Furthermore, you must have sound knowledge of all accounting principles and the ability to carry out collaborative and individual tasks.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as an Assistant Controller
- Experience of working with accounting software and MS Office (e.g. Excel, SAP)
- Experience of working with financial/statistical software
- Sound knowledge of financial forecasting and data analysis
- Sound knowledge of financial and accounting processes (e.g. budgeting, reporting, financial closure etc.)
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills and a keen eye for details
- Supporting all aspects of finance and accounting management
- Assisting in developing policies and internal controls to comply with established best practices and legislation
- Assisting in preparing financial statements according to the requirements and official guidelines
- Utilizing accounting IT systems for maintaining records and facilitating processes
- Reviewing the accounting information for the purpose of identifying and resolving imbalances or inaccuracies
- Helping in management and regulation by developing reports
- Assisting in preparing annual audit reports
- Assisting in preparing budgets and financial forecasts
- Managing invoices, journal entries etc. and reconciling accounts for annual or monthly closing