This Accounts Payable Clerk job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Accounts Payable Clerk job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Prepare bills, bank deposits, and invoices
- Perform daily financial transactions (e.g. verifying, classifying, recording, computing, and posting receivables’ data of accounts)
- Process incoming payments and accounts according to financial procedures and policies
What does an Accounts Payable Clerk do?
We are hiring a qualified Accounts Payable Clerk for undertaking various tasks related to accounts. Your responsibility would be to process invoices for payments and to pay all creditors in a timely and efficient manner.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have prior experience in accounting and sound knowledge of all accounting operations as well as regulations.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as an Accounts Payable or Receivable Clerk
- Experience with proprietary software and spreadsheets
- Experience with calculating, posting and managing financial records as well as accounting figures
- Sound knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of all accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- A knack for numbers along with exceptional data entry skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills with a customer-oriented attitude
- Strong communication skills and a keen eye for details for ensuring accuracy
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Preparing bills, bank deposits, and invoices
- Performing daily financial transactions (e.g. verifying, classifying, recording, computing and posting receivables’ data of accounts)
- Processing incoming payments and accounts according to financial procedures and policies
- Facilitating payment of due invoices by contacting clients and sending bill reminders
- Generating financial reports and statements that present detailed status of accounts receivable
- Reconciling the accounts receivable ledger for ensuring that payments are accounted for as well as properly posted
- Verifying discrepancies and also resolving clients’ billing issues