This Accountant job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Accountant job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Manage daily accounting operations
- Prepare financial forecasts and budget
- Publish financial statements on time
We are hiring a qualified Accountant for providing financial, clerical, and administrative services.
What does an Accountant do?
We are hiring a qualified Accountant for handling, preparing, computing, managing, researching, and analyzing accounting data. Your goal would be to provide quantitative information on cash flows, performance, solvency, financial position, and liquidity of our business.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a professional degree in Accounting and sound knowledge of all accounting principles and regulations.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CMA)
- Prior experience as an Accountant, Cost Accountant or a relevant role
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Experience with database management software and spreadsheets (e.g. MS Excel)
- Sound knowledge of corporate finance as well as accounting principles/procedures
- Sound knowledge of accounting regulations
- Strong communication skills and a keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Managing accounting operations on the basis of accounting principles
- Preparing financial forecasts and budget
- Publishing financial statements on time
- Auditing financial transactions and documenting accounting control procedures
- Keeping all information confidential and also securing it with random database backups
- Keeping up with financial regulations, policies, and legislation
- Conducting month-end as well as year-end close process
- Collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Computing taxes and preparing tax returns, balance sheets, profit/loss statements, etc.
- Developing periodic reports for the senior management