In a highly competitive job market like ours, job applications flood in with a single click. Additionally, it is more crucial to select the best talent from the candidate pool. Video interviews bring huge benefits to your hiring process. From cost reduction to adding flexibility and from increasing speed of hiring to getting you in social media’s good books, here are 8 reasons to prove why video interviewing is right for your recruiting seasons:
- Top talents dig flexibility: Super convenient. Replace your current first candidate interaction with a video interview, you are more likely to interview sooner. What’s more! It will minimize delays due to scheduling conflicts. This gives a discreet opportunity for passive candidates to explore new possibilities for their career goals.
- A moment in the spotlight: Recorded interviews help candidates to focus on their responses to the questions. This reduces the chances of distraction or intimidation based on the interviewer’s reaction or response.
- Let your brand do the talking: Video interviews offer you a chance to showcase your company as a tech-savvy enterprise. A personalized video interviewing platform can help you develop and maintain a strong company brand. It is easier to reinforce your brand message through consistent, friendly conversations with the candidate. This assures the candidate a promise of professional growth.
All in all, it increases the likelihood of them attending an in-person interview.
- Collaborate like never before: Video interviews empowers collaboration within your hiring team. This enhances communication with your candidates. When teams collaborate on video interviews, they can view and comment on video recordings. It also enhances the team to arrive at a collective decision, which is quicker and simpler.
- Multimedia enriched experience: Video interviews can provide an enhanced-interview experience. Candidate interviewing in cyberspace can very easily be transformed into a live multimedia-enriched experience. Throw in the candidate’s social media profiles, their work portfolio together with the interview notes to review and discuss. The hiring managers can also share their observances with the interviewer for comment and discussion.
- A standardized process: Recorded video interviewing entails all candidates answering the same questions on the same timeline. Hence, video interviewing gives every candidate an equal opportunity to make their case. It also provides an added convenience for recruiters to compare candidates’ responses side by side. This empowers data-driven decision-making.
- Re-evaluation: Recorded video interviews provide the hiring managers an opportunity to review candidates’ responses over and over again. This ensures that no piece of information is overlooked or lost. Video interviews also empower panel feedback right in the early stages of the hiring process.
Discussions among HR professionals or requisition initiators become possible from day one.
- Reduce Discrimination: Several studies in the recent past have concluded that minority applicants prefer video interviews over paper resumes. The reasons are obvious and simple. Since the questions posed to each candidate are automated and identical, they elicit more personal and frank responses, thus making the talent quality better.
Expect to see more video interviewing in a world where every device has a built-in camera. Video interviews are your chance to learn more about your candidates faster and better. Stay ahead on the learning curve of HR best practices and reach out to a wider talent marketplace. Video interviewing is here to stay.