Browse through our administrative assistant interview questions and make the task of shortlisting the best contenders a breeze.
Administrative Assistant Interview Questions
Administrative assistants are usually found in all types of industries. This is an entry-level position with different support duties. The top administrative assistants are hard-working, inquisitive and expert in office softwares.
What is the job of an administrative assistant?
The role of administrative assistant is to make travel and meeting arrangements. They also prepare reports and maintain accurate filing systems. For this position, proficiency with softwares such as Microsoft Office is required to perform essential tasks efficiently.
This ultimate assortment of administrative assistant interview questions will you help in screening the true potential of the contenders. You can also include a short skills test in the interview process.
Asking these open-end and situational questions from your contenders will let them speak at length about their relevant experience. These questions will help you in getting a sense of their interpersonal skills. You will also get to know how well they manage and work with a team.
The contenders who can articulate what interests them about your company will be your ideal ones. Moreover, such candidates will contribute several questions of their own to the conversation.
Operational and Situational questions
- What types of softwares do you use?
- Have you coordinated domestic travel? International travel?
- What interests you about working in an administrative position at our company?
- Can you describe any challenging project? How did you approach it?
- Explain your experience with the calendar management.
- How do you handle stress and deadlines?
- Was there a time when you coordinate with a team to meet a common goal? If yes, then what was your role?
- Can you share a time when you suggested a way to increase revenue and save time?
- How do you ensure accuracy in your routine tasks?
- Explain your comfort level when it comes to [specific software program]?
- How do you manage different responsibilities at the same time?