UX Researchers (UXRs) are experts in Think Out Loud (TOL). Also called User Researcher or Design Researcher, UXR is not an adjunct body of the design but a fully-own developed system of data-driven insights beyond the user interface.
Though it is an emerging career, tech recruiters run helter-skelter in looking for the right candidate. So here we are with the experts acknowledged UX Researcher job description for your perusal.
UX Researcher Job Description
We are hiring a UX Researcher who can deep dive into users' requirements and motivations for design purposes.
Candidates must know the attitudinal and behavioral parts of the human element for design development.
Certifications from Google UX, CareerFoundry, Interaction Design Foundation, and NN/g will get you brownie points.
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in computer science, software engineering, or information technology (nice to have)
- In-depth expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Strong understanding of the user needs and requirements
- Ability to make informed decisions through data
- Familiarity with usability risk reduction techniques
What a day in the life of a UX Researcher will look like?
- Design, set up, run and analyze usability studies, A/B tests, focus groups, and customer interviews
- Incorporate a variety of research methods for ethnographic and observational studies
- Foster one-on-one usability testing sessions
- Implement appropriate qualitative research tools to obtain objective user feedback
- Promote user feature walkthroughs, usability sessions, and demonstrations
- Conduct open-ended interviews to inform on new features, product design, and developments
- Measure industry trends in the area of collaboration solutions
- Brainstorm with external consultants to streamline research projects
- Collaborate with design, product, and engineering teams for the design, execution, and delivery of product features
- Present UX practices including research, solution design, and interaction with the team
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a UX Researcher?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI's Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for UX Researchers
- UX Researcher Interview Questions
- UX Researcher Skills Test
- How to hire a UX Researcher
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the UX Researcher role.
Go ahead and spotlight your UX Researcher with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at email@example.com to help you access the hiring resources.