A Systems Engineer's career revolves around tests and software evaluation. Candidates also deal with servers, routers, file storage systems, networking cables, desktop machines, and other hardware components.
Nobody loves a well-curated systems engineer job description like a tech recruiter. Hiring a brilliant candidate is not only easy but extremely efficient with such resources.
Systems Engineer Job Description
We are hiring a Systems Engineer who can improve and optimize existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems and issues proactively.
Candidates must be efficient in accessibility, optimization, and security of the system architecture at all stages.
Certifications in CISSP, MCSE, CSE, and others are added advantages.
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in computer science, software engineering, or information technology (nice to have)
- Deep expertise in data architecture
- Prior experience in TCP/IP networks
- Familiarity with cloud architecture and cloud computing
- Knowledge of tools like Innoslate, TeamCenter, MagicDraw, Enterprise Architect, and Vitech Core
What a day in the life of a Systems Engineer will look like?
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, system management tools, and application software
- Manage and monitor the installed systems and data infrastructure
- Maintain security, backup, and recovery strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts for lowering the human intervention time on any tasks and increase system efficiency
- Monitor and test application performance for potential issues, identify effective solutions and work with developers for implementing those fixes
- Ensure that system remains available in perfect condition at all time
- Provide 2nd and 3rd-level technical support, when needed
- Participate in the design of information support systems
- Liaison with IT personnel and vendors for procuring suitable IT equipment needed for problem resolution
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a Systems Engineer?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI's Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for Systems Engineers
- System Engineer Interview Questions
- System Engineer Skills Test
- How to hire a System Engineer
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the System Engineer role.
Go ahead and spotlight your System Engineer with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you access the hiring resources.