This Sourcing Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Use social media channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) for finding and connecting with prospective candidates
- Interact with professionals via niche platforms (e.g. Behance and Github)
- Review resumes and online portfolios to pre-screen candidates
We are hiring a talented Sourcing Specialist to support our recruitment team and help us find qualified candidates in a timely manner.
What does a Sourcing Specialist do?
A Sourcing Specialist searches online portfolio sites and social networks for identifying potential candidates send recruiting emails as needed and organizes a sound system for employee referral. The ultimate goal is to build a sound talent pipeline that will address not only the current but also future hiring needs of a company.
In order to succeed in this position, you must have a sound knowledge of all sourcing techniques along with exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Sourcing Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Using social media channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) for finding and connecting with prospective candidates
- Interacting with professionals via niche platforms (e.g. Behance and Github)
- Reviewing resumes and online portfolios for pre-screening candidates
- Measuring and reporting on recruiting metrics (e.g. time-to-fill, source-of-hire etc.)
- Identifying future staffing needs for the purpose of proactively sourcing potential hires
- Logging candidates’ information in the Applicant Tracking System of the company as well as in other databases
- Developing a network comprising industry professionals and potential candidates
- Contacting past applicants and informing job opportunities
- Asking for referrals from external/internal networks to fill extremely important roles
- Sending recruiting emails as needed and following up with candidates
- Collaborating with Hiring Managers for identifying the requirements for each position
Sourcing Specialist Job Requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Sourcing Specialist
- Experience with Human Resources Management software and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Familiarity with resume databases, social networks and professional sites
- Sound knowledge of all labor regulations
- Ability to multitask and handle various positions simultaneously
- Ability to write business and recruiting emails
- Exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details