This Retail Banker job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. The Retail Banker job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Assist customers with all operations pertaining to savings and deposit accounts
- Counsel customers on various banking services and products
- Handle customer queries/complaints and also resolve their problems
We are hiring a Retail Banker for assisting and advising our customers on various financial aspects.
What does a Retail Banker do?
You will be responsible for effectively communicating with customers for the purpose of providing exceptional customer service. You will serve as the main link between our bank and our valuable customers.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be reliable, patient, confident and a quick problem-solver. Most importantly, you must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field
- Prior experience in a similar role, preferably as a Retail Banker; experience in sales/customer service is a huge plus
- Experience in working with financial, banking, and statistical software
- Sound knowledge of all retail banking procedures and rules
- Experience in working with MS Office, database, and management software
- Ability to deal patiently with customers
- Exceptional communication skills
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Assisting customers with all operations pertaining to savings and deposit accounts
- Counseling customers on various banking services and products
- Handling customer queries/complaints and also resolving their problems
- Performing clerical tasks (e.g. filing)
- Collaborating with other professionals for the purpose of ensuring high-quality customer service
- Cross-selling services as well as products
- Advising customers on various financial services (e.g. mortgages and lines of credit etc.)
- Prospecting for and signing on new customers