Careers in penetration testing are one of the in-demand jobs in the offensive cybersecurity domain. Recruiters and hiring teams look for candidates who can proactively discover cybersecurity bugs (and even dinosaurs!) and improve their enterprise's security posture.
This template contains the penetration tester job description, requirements, responsibilities, and much more. You can modify them to fit your organization's unique needs.
Penetration Tester Job Description
We are hiring penetration testers who can act as custodians of cyber security and configuration settings of the enterprise. If you are competent enough to launch adversarial attack simulations and protect data integrity, then this job is for you.
Candidates must be eloquent in network and application security, pentest management platforms, and security assessment tools.
Besides, prior experience in bug bounty programs, Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), and proprietary attack programs will be a pat on the back.
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in Computer Science/IT/Systems Engineering (nice to have)
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python, Powershell, Golang, and Bash
- Experience in working with network OS like Linux, MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android
- Familiarity with pen test and app security tools like Kali, Burpsuite, Metasploit
- Knows about the ‘Dark web’, CSRF, SSRF, and the latest vulnerabilities
- Certifications from IEEE, OSCP, GIAC, or EC-Council
What a day in the life of a Penetration Tester will look like?
- Examine target subdomains, subdomains of subdomains, and flaws
- Know the application of tools like Sublister, Aquatone/HostileSubBruteForcer, Nikto, Dig, Nessus, etc.
- Formulate vulnerability findings with reproducible proof-of-concept steps for clients
- Engage with the security community on trends related to common vulnerabilities exploited in new or innovative ways
- Expand and improve existing processes and tooling used for vulnerability validation
- Contribute to the creation of signatures used in our automated vulnerability detection products
- Have the opportunity to contribute to vulnerability identification in customer programs
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a Penetration Tester?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI's Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for Penetration Testers
- Hiring a Penetration Tester
- Penetration Tester Interview Questions
- Penetration Tester Skills Test
- How to hire a Penetration Tester
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the penetration Tester role.
Go ahead and spotlight your Penetration Tester with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you access the hiring resources.