This Payroll Officer job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Collect daily, weekly and monthly timesheets
- Calculate allowances and bonuses
- Prepare the compensation of employees using payroll software
We are hiring a qualified Payroll Officer to join our team and manage and administer our employee compensation.
What does a Payroll Officer do?
A Payroll Officer calculates employee compensation, ensures timely payments and updates internal payroll databases. The ultimate goal is to help the payroll process of a company run smoothly, efficiently and accurately.
In order to succeed in this position, you must have the ability to handle payroll databases and sensitive financial information. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with all labor regulations and will also have a flair for numbers.
Payroll Officer Job Responsibilities
- Collecting daily, weekly and monthly timesheets
- Preparing employees’ compensation using payroll software and also incorporating allowances/bonuses
- Reporting on payroll expenses, compensation, benefits, insurance deductions and taxes
- Entering the data of new employees into the company’s databases (e.g. tax identification numbers and bank accounts)
- Ensuring tax withholdings and wages are in compliance with regulations
- Distributing payment statements to employees and also gathering signed receipts
- Handing out paychecks to employees or scheduling bank payments
Payroll Officer Job Requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Payroll Clerk, Payroll Officer or a similar role
- Experience with accounting software and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Sound knowledge of labor laws as well as employment regulations
- Exceptional mathematical skills with a keen eye for details
- Sound knowledge of payroll taxes as well as multi-location payroll
- Experience with HRIS/payroll software (e.g. Kronos, SAP, ADP)
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude