This Information Technology Coordinator job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Information Technology Coordinator job description, its requirements, and responsibilities given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
The primary job role of an IT Coordinator is to:
- Institute protocols for the use of information technology across departments or projects
- Provide advice on the most suitable information technology choices
- Provide technical support and training of information technology systems and networks
Information Technology Coordinator Job Description
We are hiring an IT Coordinator for operating, managing and maintaining our IT systems and networks. You will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency and functionality of our information technology systems by performing technical as well as administrative tasks.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be a critical thinker and a problem-solver with a keen eye for details. You must also have sound knowledge of software, networks, and hardware. Since this role requires frequent communication with various departments and users, you must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment, and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related fields
- Past experience in help desk support or network management
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing processes of software, network and hardware
- Expert-level knowledge of information technology systems and network applications
- Professional certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+
- Sound understanding of LAN/WAN configuration and TCP/IP protocols
- Excellent coordination and organizational abilities
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to take quick decisions while working independently
- Excellent communication skills and a keen eye for details
- Instituting protocols for the use of information technology across various departments or projects
- Providing advice on the most suitable information technology choices
- Providing technical support and training of information technology systems and networks
- Performing regular maintenance actions such as data backup and recovery
- Performing troubleshooting and repair tasks
- Monitoring network, terminals, and system performance
- Installing and configuring software as well as hardware like printers and network cards
- Acting as a link between higher level support and end users
- Maintaining licenses and scheduling upgrades
- Collaborating with various departments for the purpose of maintaining functionality and standards