This Head of Finance job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. The Head of Finance job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Forecast financial results on an annual, quarterly, and monthly basis
- Approve or reject budgets
We are hiring a Head of Finance for supervising our company’s financial operations and ensuring that we beneficially use our resources and capital.
What does a Head of Finance do?
You will be responsible for assessing risk in investments as well as for creating forecasting models. You will also ensure that our accounting and financial activities are in compliance with the company’s regulations.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have prior experience in managing accounting teams and crafting financial strategies.
Head of Finance Job Requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as a CFO, Director of Finance, Head of Finance, or a related role
- Exceptional knowledge of financial forecasting models as well as data analysis
- Experience in working with financial and statistical software
- Sound knowledge of bookkeeping, bank reconciliation, and cash flow management
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities
- Ability to take quick decisions while working independently
- Ability to identify and resolve all discrepancies as soon as they arise
- An analytical mind with a keen eye for details
Head of Finance Job Responsibilities
- Forecasting financial results on an annual, quarterly, and monthly basis
- Approving or rejecting budgets
- Conducting risk management
- Recommending cost-effective solutions
- Consulting company executives as well as key stakeholders about various funding options
- Ensuring all internal audits and accounting activities are in compliance with financial regulations
- Developing secure procedures for the purpose of maintaining confidential information
- Conducting profit and loss analyses
- Allocating resources and managing cash flows
- Supervising and monitoring the team of Accountants
- Evaluating and deciding on investments