The Application Security Engineer job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. Not only that, you can modify the job description, requirements, and responsibilities for the AppSec engineer’s role as per your company’s specific hiring needs.
This template contains the application security engineer job description, requirements, responsibilities and much more. You can modify them to fit your organisation's unique needs.
Application Security Engineer Job Brief
We are hiring an Application Security Engineer who works with developers to implement security control measures in every phase of the SDLC to avoid security loopholes.
The Application Security Engineer's job revolves around data security and encryption. Hence familiarity and experience in handling big data operations and technical documentation are skills you should be looking for.
- Set development parameters during SDLC
- Monitor and track vulnerabilities and work with tech teams to remedy them
- Test source code and running code
- Implement advanced security features. Review application design and architecture to ensure industry best practices are implemented
- Regularly conduct threat modelling exercises that will the organisation identify vulnerabilities across applications. Develop appropriate countermeasures as well
- Perform ethical hacking, cryptography, or Managing user authorization
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure that security is integrated during the development process
- Maintain technical documentation
- Advanced degrees in Computer Science/IT/Systems Engineering (nice to have)
- Market-acknowledged certifications like SANS/ISC2/GWEB/GSSP
- Strong hands-on experience in data encryption and security
- Familiarity with industry-level security benchmarks in API security
- Proficiency in Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Cognoscenti in Software Architecture, Design, Deployment, and Maintenance
- Stay abreast with penetration testing tools, security code reviews, and threat modeling
- Excellent communication, and leadership traits