An Android QA Engineer works on software design, writing source code, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process. Testing software quality is a huge challenge often because every test is associated with the end-user experience.
If you are looking to hire one such candidate, then you must take a look at our Android QA Engineer job description blog. From role to mission and responsibilities, we have covered it all.
Android QA Engineer Job Description
We are hiring an Android QA Engineer who can interpret user expectations into product features. So, working in tandem with developers is crucial.
Candidates must know functional tests and regression tests to fix bugs and determine the acceptance criteria.
Certifications from CAST, CSQA, ISTQB, CQE, CMST, and CSTE are a bonus!
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in computer science, software engineering, or information technology (nice to have)
- Solid experience in testing from technical and customer perspectives
- Familiarity with the platform's tech stacks
- Ability to perform e2e tests executions on Jenkins and GoCD
- Familiarity with basic Git commands like credential caching, adding files to stagging area, branching feature, tagging etc
What a day in the life of an Android QA Engineer will look like?
- Knowledge of test tools like Selenium, Eclipse Test Framework
- Perform test automation, and utilize test automation tools for efficiency
- Utilize test tools while developing and promoting advanced usage techniques to include (e.g., scripting, defect tracking, reporting)
- Expertise in scripting languages like Python
- Manage the lifecycle of production tools for virtual reality
- Supervise the creation of functional test scripts for all the products
- Create and execute test plans and work with the Automation team on defining the automation test plans for new products or enhancements and also for existing products
- Report regularly on all QA activities, including progress on specific milestones, defect counts and patterns, resource participation, and overall project status
- Prepare Master Test Plans and QA sign-off the document for Agile/waterfall projects
- Conduct testing for data-intensive critical applications
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring an Android QA Engineer?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI's Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for Android QA Engineers
- Hiring an Android QA Engineer
- Android QA Engineer Interview Questions
- Android QA Engineer Skills Test
- How to hire an Android QA Engineer
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the Android QA Engineer role.
Go ahead and spotlight your Android QA Engineer with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you access the hiring resources