Social Media Strategist Job Description
This Social Media Strategist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Social Media Strategist:
- Design effective social media marketing strategies for achieving company’s marketing goals
- Create, publish and manage high-quality and original content for social media
- Monitor company’s social media accounts and regularly update them with the latest news and content
We are hiring a Social Media Strategist for increasing our web traffic as well as brand awareness by developing and implementing effective social media strategies.
What does a Social Media Strategist do?
A Social Media Strategist promotes a company via social media networks and also ensures that its web presence is always aligned with its short-term and long-term marketing goals.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have an exceptionally creative mind with the ability to represent us on various social media channels. In addition to that, you must also have exceptional multitasking skills so as to efficiently and cohesively handle our company’s all social media accounts.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Designing effective social media marketing strategies for achieving company’s marketing goals
- Creating, publishing and managing high-quality and original content for social media
- Monitoring company’s social media accounts and regularly updating them with the latest news and content
- Staying up-to-date with social media trends as well as the latest digital technologies
- Guiding internal teams for maintaining cohesive social media strategies
- Communicating with the industry professionals through social media for creating a strong network
- Monitoring user engagement and SEO and also suggesting methods for content optimization
- Preparing weekly/monthly reports on ROI and web traffic
- Facilitating communication between the clients and the company by responding to queries, getting reviews and organizing chats or Q&A sessions
- Collaborating with the Product, Marketing and Sales teams for creating social ‘hype’ regarding new launches
- Liaising with designers and writers for ensuring that the content remains informative as well as appealing
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Social Media Strategist
- Experience of increasing brand awareness by using social media
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with publishing and web designing
- Ability to identify the preferences of our target audience and accordingly build social media content
- Sound knowledge of web traffic metrics and SEO tools
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details