Social Media Copywriter Job Description
This Social Media Copywriter job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Social Media Copywriter:
- Write, edit and publish engaging posts for social media networks (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Optimize social media content (language, message, tone) on the basis of the behavior of our target audience
- Select appealing graphics and videos for complementing text
We are hiring a qualified Social Media Copywriter for interacting for promoting our services and products by interacting with customers on social media networks.
What does a Social Media Copywriter do?
A Social Media Copywriter updates a company’s social media pages with the latest company news, tracks user engagement and responds to its followers in a timely manner. The ultimate goal is ensuring that a company’s brand and online voice remains effective and consistent with its marketing goals.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have exceptional writing skills with a flair for words. In addition to that, you must also have prior experience of social media marketing or social media advertising.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Writing, editing and publishing engaging posts for social media networks (e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Optimizing social media content (language, message, tone) on the basis of the behavior of our target audience
- Selecting appealing graphics and videos for complementing text
- Responding to comments and questions on company’s social media channels in a respectful and timely manner
- Networking with clients as well as industry professionals
- Tracking and reporting on social media insights (e.g. traffic, engagement, conversion rates, shares etc.)
- Applying advertising techniques for increasing brand awareness (e.g. promotions, competitions)
- Updating our social media with the latest company news
- Coordinating with internal teams for creating advertising posts (e.g. for product releases, events and open roles)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Social Media Copywriter
- Experience of working with MS Office and design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with various social networks and platforms for advertisement purposes
- Sound knowledge of keyword research, SEO and analytics tools, especially Google Analytics
- Ability to create innovative web content, supported by relevant images and videos
- Familiarity with paid advertisement
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with problem-solving attitude