Social Media Analyst Job Description
This Social Media Analyst job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Social Media Analyst:
- Analyze user engagement, such as bounce rates and click-through rate
- Implement keyword priorities in content marketing efforts for search engine optimization
- Identify and report online traffic on company’s social media networks
We are hiring a Social Media Analyst for monitoring our company’s social media marketing initiatives and for implementing successful marketing strategies.
What does a Social Media Analyst do?
A Social Media Analyst strengthens the online presence of a company and increases its brand awareness by using successful social media campaigns and strategies.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a sound knowledge of social media marketing principles and content search optimization methods. In addition to that, you must also be tech-savvy along with a sound knowledge of latest digital trends. So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Analyzing user engagement, such as bounce rates and click-through rate
- Implementing keyword priorities in content marketing efforts for the purpose of SEO
- Identifying and reporting online traffic on company’s social media networks
- Updating company’s social media policy, as necessary
- Researching how latest features and social networks can benefit us
- Guiding the team members about social media activities (e.g. what to share on company’s accounts and how to respond to questions/comments by customers)
- Ensuring timely response to the queries/comments of the customers
- Coordinating with the Marketing department and Social Media Manager for designing advertising campaigns
- Maintaining a cohesive branding strategy on all platforms for increasing brand awareness
- Identifying the preferences of our customers and suggesting ways for targeting a wider audience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication or a relevant field
- Prior experience as Social Media Coordinator, Social Media Analyst or a similar role
- Relevant certifications in social media marketing and digital technologies
- Experience with digital marketing platforms and social media campaigns
- Experience of working with MS Office and design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of Google Analytics, keyword research, and SEO
- Sound knowledge of social media management technologies, (e.g. Hootsuite, Buffer)
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Experience with identifying the target audience, its trends and preferences
- Ability to multitask while working in a team environment
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details