Media Director Job Description
This Media Director job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Media Director:
- Monitor offline and online advertising campaigns (e.g. on magazines, billboards, radio, TV, and websites)
- Regularly report the results of the advertising campaign (e.g. revenues, costs, and benefits)
- Select the best media outlets for promotional campaigns
We are hiring a qualified Media Director for designing and implementing our advertising campaigns.
What does a Media Director do?
A Media Director is responsible for increasing the interest of general public in a company’s services/products by effective media campaigns while also ensuring that the advertising campaigns stay within budget. The ultimate goal is ensuring the promotion of a company by using various media outlets.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a sound knowledge of various media outlets, online advertising channels (e.g. digital networks) and offline advertising channels (e.g. magazines, billboards). In addition to that, you must have proven prior experience in developing effective advertising and promotional strategies.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Monitoring offline and online advertising campaigns (e.g. on magazines, billboards, radio, TV, and websites)
- Regularly reporting the results of the advertising campaign (e.g. revenues, costs, and benefits)
- Selecting the best media outlets for promotional campaigns
- Building long-term relationships with media influencers so as to promote our brand
- Ensuring a cohesive advertisement message throughout all campaigns
- Creating new campaigns for reaching a broader audience
- Preparing promotional projects for supporting the launch of new projects
- Negotiating with media outlets for closing competitive deals
- Designing and reviewing the allocated advertisement budgets by collaborating with the Marketing Director
- Optimizing the advertisement strategies for different channels and audiences
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Media Planner, Media Director or a similar role
- Proven past experience of developing effective promotional strategies and advertising campaigns
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing principles and technologies
- Sound knowledge of KPIs and budget planning
- Familiarity with analytics tools (e.g. Moat, Nielsen IMs, GfK MRI)
- Familiarity with various media outlets/channels, especially social media networks
- Ability to collect, manage and analyze data
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with decision-making skills