Media Buyer Job Description
This Media Buyer job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Media Buyer:
- Help identify the target audience and accordingly plan media campaigns
- Compare and negotiate rates, airtime and ad space
- Optimize budgets and plans according to the best media mix
We are hiring a Media Buyer for negotiating and purchasing the advertising inventory for our clients.
What does a Media Buyer do?
A Media Buyer is responsible for ensuring that a company’s ads make it to its target audience at the lowest rates via quality channels. The ultimate goal of a Media Buyer is outdoing competition and optimizing a company’s ad exposure while also staying within the budget constraints.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have exceptional negotiations skills along with the ability to think critically and establishing trust relationships with clients as well as media personnel. In addition to that, you must also have the latest knowledge about current advertising options and media outlets.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Helping us in identifying the target audience and accordingly planning our media campaigns
- Comparing and negotiating rates, airtime and ad space
- Optimizing budgets and plans in accordance with the best media mix
- Preparing and adjusting schedules whenever needed
- Monitoring costs as well as ROI (return on investment)
- Reporting to clients on a regular basis for building long-term relations
- Experimenting with new channels and platforms
- Ensuring that ads are creative as well as properly displayed
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Advertising or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Media Buyer; experience with digital media is a plus
- Experience of working with media analytics tools (e.g. comScore)
- Sound knowledge of media-buying, research, and planning
- Proficiency in English with exceptional negotiation skills
- Familiarity with the latest media and advertising trends
- Ability to multi-task and think critically
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude