Creative Director Job Description
This Creative Director job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Creative Director:
- Direct, motivate and lead various internal teams (e.g. Art Directors, Copywriters, Illustrators etc.)
- Collaborate with company’s account executives for obtaining knowledge about the requirements of clients
- Conceive and implement guidelines, strategies, and concepts in various projects and also oversee them throughout their lifecycle
We are hiring a Creative Director for guiding and leading our creative teams in launching innovative projects.
What does a Creative Director do?
A Creative Director devises strategies and concepts for various ventures and also monitors their progress through each phase. The ultimate goal is achieving the best outcomes of a company’s creative projects for meeting clients’ expectations and driving growth.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have the ability to think of innovative plans and implement it using your creative vision. So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Directing, motivating and leading various internal teams (e.g. Art Directors, Copywriters, Illustrators etc.)
- Collaborating with company’s account executives for obtaining knowledge about the requirements of clients
- Conceiving and implementing guidelines, strategies and concepts in various projects and also overseeing them throughout their lifecycle
- Training and guiding team members as needed
- Revising content, reports, and presentations, approving or rejecting ideas, and providing feedback to the team
- Writing and designing well-crafted and unique copy for clients in accordance with company’s specifications
- Leading creative or brainstorming sessions for generating new ideas
- Monitoring results and team performance, and proposing future plans accordingly
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Design, Fine Arts or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Creative Director
- Experience of working with design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Sound knowledge of creative development, branding, marketing and graphic design
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude