Content Strategist Job Description
This Content Strategist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Content Strategist:
- Manage the editorial calendar of our company for ensuring timely publication
- Assign blog posts and articles to writers
- Identify gaps and discrepancies in the content and also recommend new topics
We are hiring a qualified Content Strategist for managing our writing material such as social media posts, online guides, articles, newsletters and other content for business purposes.
What does a Content Strategist do?
A Content Strategist publishes the monthly newsletter, tracks user engagement and website traffic, and generates new blog posts for the online content of the company. A Content Strategist ensures that the web content of a company is consistent with its brand and also adds value to its existing and prospective customers.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have the ability to engage the online audience by producing new and creative content. You must also have a portfolio of published articles. So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Managing the editorial calendar of our company for ensuring timely publication
- Assigning blog posts and articles to writers
- Identifying gaps and discrepancies in the content and also recommend new topics
- Reviewing and updating published content on a regular basis
- Following latest industry news and generating ideas about trending topics
- Coordinating with design and marketing teams for illustrating articles
- Monitoring user engagement and web traffic (e.g. bounce rates, conversions)
- Conducting SEO and keyword research for understanding customers’ needs
- Scheduling social media posts
- Proofreading, editing and reviewing content before final publication
- Creating style guides for reference
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Content Manager, Content Strategist or a similar role
- Experience of working with MS Office and design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Sound knowledge of web publishing and HTML practices
- Sound knowledge of keyword research technologies (e.g. Google Keyword Planner, Moz) and SEO guidelines
- Experience with social media and digital marketing
- Ability to lead and motivate the team members
- Proficiency in English with exceptional writing/editing skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details