Content Manager Job Description
This Content Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Content Manager:
- Create and publish engaging content
- Develop content strategy in accordance with the company’s short-term as well as long-term marketing goals
- Collaborate with design and marketing teams for planning and developing site layout, content, and style
We are hiring a qualified Content Manager for joining our team and undertaking various content management tasks.
What does a Content Manager do?
A Content Manager creates, improves and maintains content so as to achieve the business goals of a company. A Content Manager is also responsible for raising the company’s brand awareness by sharing of content and monitoring site traffic/web metrics for identifying best practices. The ultimate goal is ensuring a positive customer experience, brand consistency, customer engagement by overseeing all content marketing initiatives.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have expertise in maintaining brand consistency and content optimization throughout your content. Moreover, you must have exceptional writing and content creation skills along with the ability to perform within tight deadlines.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Creating and publishing original and engaging content
- Developing content strategy in accordance with the company’s short-term as well as long-term marketing goals
- Collaborating with design and marketing teams for planning and developing site layout, content, and style
- Ensuring compliance with the law (e.g. data protection and copyright)
- Staying updated with latest developments and also generating new ideas for drawing audience’s attention
- Managing the distribution of content to social media platforms and online channels for increasing web traffic
- Developing an editorial calendar for ensuring that content team is right on track
- Optimizing content according to the SEO principles
- Regularly monitoring user engagement and website traffic
- Editing, proofreading, and improving writers’ posts
- Liaising with content writers for ensuring brand consistency
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Content Manager
- Experience of working with MS Office and design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Sound knowledge of website traffic and SEO
- Familiarity with web publishing and HTML
- Proficiency in using social media
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills