Art Director Job Description
This Art Director job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Art Director:
- Understand target audience, strategic positioning and marketing initiatives
- Produce art layouts, sketches, and storyboards on the basis of creative ideas and visions
- Generate innovative concepts and ideas while working with copywriters
We are hiring a passionate Art Director for joining our team and contribute to our marketing efforts.
What does an Art Director do?
An Art Director translates branding and marketing strategies into impressive, innovative and effective campaigns for stimulating the desired target audience of a company.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be design-savvy with the ability to perform in a team environment. You must also be able to discover ways of maximizing audience engagement and conversion. So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Understanding target audience, strategic positioning and marketing initiatives
- Producing art layouts, sketches, and storyboards on the basis of creative ideas and visions
- Generating innovative concepts and ideas while working with copywriters
- Staying aware of all trends and best practices, and also implementing them
- Presenting creative ideas to team members as well as clients
- Managing and delegating responsibilities to team members, and also providing directions/guidelines
- Taking projects from conceptualization to execution and staying within deadlines
- Collaborating with internal teams
- Relevant qualifications, such as a degree in Arts or Graphic Designing
- Prior experience as an Art Director
- A portfolio demonstrating creativity and design skills
- Experience of working with design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) as well other wire-framing tools
- Experience with package design, logo design, web layout design, typography, color, image selection and print production
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Ability to take lead and incorporate user feedback in projects
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details