Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
This Volunteer Coordinator job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Volunteer Coordinator:
- Source and recruit volunteers using various techniques (e.g. databases, social media, e-mail etc.)
- Collect information on available volunteers and their skills
- Arrange appropriate training as needed
We are hiring a Volunteer Coordinator for joining our HR department.
What does a Volunteer Coordinator do?
A Volunteer Coordinator recruits and manages volunteers, allocates responsibilities to them and also retains the best individuals. The ultimate goal is to ensure that a company remains staffed with talented and reliable people as well as it correctly utilizes them for appropriate tasks.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have the ability to find, select, motivate, train and inspire talented individuals. In addition to that, you must also be able to effectively communicate with various people belonging to diverse experiences and background.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Sourcing and recruiting volunteers using various techniques (e.g. databases, social media, e-mail etc.)
- Collecting information on available volunteers and their skills
- Arranging appropriate training as needed
- Ensuring clear communication about the company’s strategies and policies
- Keeping detailed records of the assignments and information of volunteers
- Disseminating information about upcoming operations and events
- Frequently communicating with volunteers for ensuring their satisfaction
- Coordinating with volunteers for ensuring the success of large-scale operations
- Assigning responsibilities/tasks to the most-suitable people for executing special events
- Producing schedules and logs for recording everyday activities
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Volunteer Coordinator
- Experience with volunteering in local or international events
- Experience with recruiting using various channels (e.g. professional platforms, social media etc.)
- Sound knowledge of HR databases (e.g. HRIS, HRMS) and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent team-coordination skills with a pleasant personality
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills