Payroll Manager Job Description
This Payroll Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Payroll Manager:
- Manage, direct and oversee payroll processes
- Supervise, coach and lead payroll team
- Ensure that payroll operations are in compliance with tax obligations as well as applicable laws
We are hiring a Payroll Manager for leading, managing and overseeing our payroll operations.
What does a Payroll Manager do?
A Payroll Manager liaises with various internal professionals and supervises payroll team to ensure that a company’s taxes and payroll expenses are cleared accurately in a timely manner. The ultimate goal is to ensure the payroll procedures of a company remain efficient, compliant and accurate.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have experience of payroll administration and a sound knowledge of all payroll regulations. You must also be methodical and analytical along with excellent organization skills, team spirit and integrity.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Managing, directing and overseeing payroll processes
- Supervising, coaching and leading payroll team
- Ensuring that payroll operations are in compliance with tax obligations as well as applicable laws
- Resolving issues and answering payroll-related queries
- Maintaining accurate payroll records and also preparing reports
- Collaborating with accounting and HR teams for ensuring smooth operations
- Liaising with Auditors for managing tax audits
- Overseeing changes in payroll processes (e.g. terminations, new hires, raises) as well as system upgrades
- Coordinating payroll and timekeeping systems
- Developing and maintaining systems for processing payroll transactions (e.g. taxes, salaries, benefits, deductions, garnishments and third-party payments)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Payroll Manager
- Sound knowledge of all payroll processes as well as applicable laws
- Sound knowledge of payroll taxes and multi-location payroll
- Experience with HRIS/payroll software (e.g. Kronos, SAP, ADP etc.)
- Excellent mathematical skills along with an analytical mind
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details