Payroll Clerk Job Description
This Payroll Clerk job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Payroll Clerk:
- Use payroll software for managing compensation packages
- Collect and verify employees’ timekeeping information
- Calculate employees’ compensation on the basis of hours worked and incorporating adjustments for overtime and leaves
We are hiring a qualified Payroll Clerk for assisting us in all operations related to our employees’ compensation management.
What does a Payroll Clerk do?
A Payroll Clerk enters payroll information, calculates wages and makes payments to the employees of a company accurately and efficiently.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have excellent data entry and mathematical skills needed to maintain accuracy in payroll calculation. In addition to that, you must also be able to maintain confidentiality in financial operations.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Using payroll software for managing compensation packages
- Collecting and verifying employees’ timekeeping information
- Calculating employees’ compensation on the basis of hours worked and incorporating adjustments for overtime and leaves
- Preparing and submitting reports about payroll information
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies and errors in payroll calculation
- Dealing with payroll-related queries and complaints from employees as well as from upper management
- Updating payroll records with adjustments on employee status changes, pay rates etc.
- Issuing invoices and statements, and also maintaining their records
- Initiating periodical payments either by checks or direct deposits via bank payment systems
- Managing and calculating deductions and taxes
- Calculating commissions and bonuses when needed
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Payroll Clerk
- Experience with MS Office and payroll software, especially Payforce
- Experience with data collection, data entry and data reporting while maintaining confidentiality and attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of accounting processes and principles
- Sound understanding of relevant regulations, policies and legislation
- Exceptional numerical and mathematical skills
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly solve problems while working in a fast-paced environment