IT Help Desk Technician Job Description
This IT Help Desk Technician job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of IT Help Desk Technician:
- Serve as the initial contact point for clients seeking technical support over email or phone
- Determine best solutions based on technical details described by customers
- Perform remote troubleshooting using pertinent questions as well as diagnostic techniques
We are hiring an IT Help Desk Technician for providing fast as well as effective technical support on the computer systems.
What does an IT Help Desk Technician do?
An IT Help Desk Technician answers queries related to basic technical problems and offers advice for solving them. The ultimate goal is ensuring client satisfaction for the purpose of promoting the company’s business and reputation.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be extremely knowledgeable of all technologies and must have the ability to communicate with clients, understand their technical problems and provide solutions in a timely manner. You must also possess a customer-oriented attitude along with the patience needed to handle difficult customers.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Serving as the initial contact point for clients seeking technical support over email or phone
- Determining best solutions based on technical details described by customers
- Performing remote troubleshooting using pertinent questions as well as diagnostic techniques
- Identifying and suggesting improvements on the existing procedures
- Passing on customers’ feedback and suggestions to the relevant internal team
- Following-up and updating customer status
- Recording technical problems as well as their solutions in records and logs
- Providing accurate information related to IT products and services
- Directing unresolved problems to the higher-level support
- Walking the customers through the problem-solving procedure
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Prior experience in customer support, preferably as an IT Help Desk Technician
- Tech-savvy personality with sound knowledge of remote control procedures, databases, and office automation products
- Sound understanding of tech products like mobile devices and computer systems
- Ability to identify, diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- English proficiency
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Cool-tempered and customer-oriented personality