Desktop Support Engineer Job Description
This Desktop Support Engineer job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Desktop Support Engineer:
- Address user tickets related to hardware, software or networking issues
- Walk customers through the installation processes of applications as well as computer peripherals
- Ask targeted questions for diagnosing problems
We are hiring a Desktop Support Engineer for providing technical support to our customers.
What does a Desktop Support Engineer do?
A Desktop Support Engineer helps clients in installing, upgrading and troubleshooting hardware as well as software systems. The ultimate goal is ensuring prompt and effective customer service for increasing client satisfaction.
In order to be successful in this position, you must be computer-savvy with a sound knowledge of all remote troubleshooting methods. In addition to that, you must also be able to give accurate technical instructions and quickly resolve all technical problems.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Addressing user tickets related to hardware, software or networking issues
- Walking customers through the installation processes of applications as well as computer peripherals
- Asking targeted questions for diagnosing problems
- Guiding users with step-by-step and simple instructions
- Conducting remote troubleshooting
- Testing alternative pathways till the time an issue gets resolved
- Customizing desktop applications for meeting user needs
- Recording technical issues as well as their solutions in logbooks
- Directing unresolved problems to higher level support
- Following up with clients for ensuring their computer systems are functioning properly
- Reporting customer feedback as well as the prospective product requests
- Helping in the creation of user manuals and technical documentation
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer or a similar role
- Experience with Linux/Windows/Mac OS
- Sound knowledge of computer peripherals (e.g. printers and scanners) and office automation devices
- Sound knowledge of anti-virus software and network security techniques
- Ability to carry out remote troubleshooting as well as provide clear and accurate instructions
- Excellent multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills