Customer Service Representative Job Description
This Customer Service Representative job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Customer Service Representative:
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls as well as customer service inquiries
- Generate sales leads that develop into new customers
- Identify and assess customers’ needs so as to achieve customer satisfaction
We are looking for a competent Customer Service Representative to join our team.
What does a Customer Service Representative do?
A Customer Service Representative acts as a liaison between a company and its customers, provides information related to a company’s products/services and resolves customers’ problems timely, efficiently and accurately. The ultimate goal is ensuring excellent customer service standards, responding efficiently to the inquiries of customers and maintaining high customer satisfaction level.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be patient, empathetic, communicative along with a passion to help the customers. You must be able to identify customer problems, carry out effective investigations for finding problems and troubleshoot them in a timely manner. In addition to that, you must be able to put yourselves in the customers’ shoes and gather feedback necessary for the growth of a company.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Managing incoming calls as well as customer service inquiries
- Generating sales leads that develop into new customers
- Identifying and assessing customers’ needs for the purpose of achieving customer satisfaction
- Following communication guidelines, procedures and policies
- Going the extra mile for engaging customers
- Handling customer complaints, providing appropriate alternatives/solutions within time limits and also following up for ensuring resolution
- Keeping records of interactions with customers, filing documents and processing customer accounts
- Meeting sales targets set by personal/customer representative team
- Providing accurate, complete and valid information using suitable methods/tools
- Building sustainable and trust relationships with customers through interactive and open communication
- At least a High School degree
- Prior experience as a Customer Service Representative
- Experience with phone contact handling
- Proven track record of over-achieving quota
- Experience with CRM software as well as CRM processes
- Customer-oriented attitude with active listening skills
- Ability to handle difficult customers
- Excellent multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong presentation as well as communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills