Project Coordinator Job Description
This Project Coordinator job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Project Coordinator:
- Coordinate project management activities, equipment, resources, and information
- Break projects into simpler actions and also set timeframes
- Liaise with clients for the purpose of identifying and defining scope, requirements, and objectives
We are hiring a Project Coordinator for administering and organizing all our projects ranging from simple operations to complex plans.
What does a Project Coordinator do?
A Project Coordinator works in collaboration with a company’s Project Manager and performs administrative duties (e.g. handling financial queries, maintaining project documentation), performs coordinating tasks (e.g. risk and schedule management) and prepares comprehensive action plans (e.g. set budgets, resources and timeframes for projects). The ultimate goal is ensuring all projects get completed within the constraints of time, budget, and quality.
In order to excel in this position, you must have excellent communication skills needed for collaborating with internal teams and clients along with strong time-management skills needed for delivering results within deadlines.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Coordinating project management operations, equipment, resources and information
- Breaking projects into simpler actions and also setting timeframes
- Liaising with clients for the purpose of identifying and defining scope, requirements, and objectives
- Ensuring requirements and standards are met by conducting quality checks/tests
- Assigning tasks to various internal teams as needed
- Creating as well as maintaining comprehensive plans, reports and project documentation
- Issuing proper legal paperwork such as terms of agreement and contracts
- Using tools for the purpose of monitoring work hours and expenditures
- Working with Project Manager for eliminating blockers
- Acting as the contact point by communicating the status of the project to all stakeholders
- Monitoring the progress of the project and also handling issues
- Overseeing project procurement management
- Analyzing risks and opportunities
- Helping with the preparation of budgets
- Ensuring clients’ requirements are met throughout the project
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant field
- Additional relevant certification (e.g. PMP/PRINCE2) is a plus
- Prior experience as a Project Coordinator
- Sound knowledge of all project management stages, from conceptualization to delivery
- Ability to develop and interpret schedules, flowcharts, and step-wise action plans
- Experience with quality control and risk management procedures
- Working knowledge of project management software (e.g. Trello, Basecamp)
- Experience with Microsoft Planner and Microsoft Project
- Strong teamwork and client-facing skills
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills