Office Clerk Job Description
This Office Clerk job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Office Clerk:
- Maintain records and files to keep them updated as well as easily accessible
- Answer phone calls, take messages and redirect calls to relevant colleagues
- Sort and distribute incoming mail (e.g. letters) and also prepare outgoing mail (e.g. envelopes, packages)
We are hiring a responsible Office Clerk for supporting our offices by undertaking various clerical and administrative tasks.
What does an Office Clerk do?
An Office Clerk performs various day-to-day office activities ranging from answering phone calls and filing documents to carrying out bookkeeping processes.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have experience with office procedures and equipment along with the ability to timely and efficiently execute all office activities. In addition to that, you must be a hardworking and reliable professional with excellent communication skills.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Maintaining records and files to keep them updated as well as easily accessible
- Answering phone calls, taking messages and redirecting calls to relevant colleagues
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail (e.g. letters) and also preparing outgoing mail (e.g. envelopes, packages)
- Assisting in booking venues for events/conferences and making travel/accommodation arrangements
- Performing routine office activities as assigned
- Monitoring office stocks supplies (e.g. stationery, paper clips etc.) and reporting on shortages
- Taking minutes of dictations and meetings
- Assisting with office organization and management procedures
- Undertaking basic bookkeeping duties (e.g. issuing invoices and checks)
- Utilizing office appliances (e.g. photocopier, printers) for office tasks
- Using computer systems for spreadsheet creation, word processing etc.
- At least a High School degree; additional relevant certification is a plus
- Prior experience as an Office Clerk
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience with databases and spreadsheets
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and office procedures
- Experience with office equipment
- Fast typing with experience in taking dictations and stenography
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills