Assistant Manager Job Description
This Assistant Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Assistant Manager:
- Assist Retail Store Managers in planning, organizing and implementing effective strategies for attracting customers
- Coordinate day-to-day customer service duties (e.g. orders, sales processes, payments etc.)
- Track the weekly, monthly and quarterly progress as well as the annual objectives
We are hiring an Assistant Manager helping us in organizing and running our retail outlets and filling them with stock when needed.
What does an Assistant Manager do?
An Assistant Manager hires and trains Sales Associates, monitors inventory, orders merchandise, researches competitive products, analyzes customer behavior and manages all relevant operations. The ultimate goal is ensuring a company’s retail stores remain filled with stock, operate efficiently and keeps its customers satisfied and happy.
In order to succeed in this role, you must possess excellent mediation and interpersonal skills needed for acting as the liaison between employees, managers and customers. In addition to that, you must have a business mindset along with the ability to organize and solve problems.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Assisting Retail Store Managers in planning, organizing and implementing effective strategies for attracting customers
- Coordinating day-to-day customer service duties (e.g. orders, sales processes, payments etc.)
- Tracking the weekly, monthly and quarterly progress as well as the annual objectives
- Ensuring all employees stick to company policies and regulations
- Acting as the company’s representative and setting a good example for the staff
- Creating reports and analyzing and interpreting retail data (e.g. expenses, revenues, competition etc.)
- Conducting regular audits for ensuring the store remains functional as well as presentable
- Handling customer complaints in a timely manner
- Researching new products and using latest information for updating the merchandise
- Communicating with customers and evaluating their needs
- Analyzing the behavior of the consumer and accordingly adjusting product positioning
- Monitoring retail budgets, operating costs and resources
- Suggesting sales techniques and training programs for staff
- Supervising and motivating staff for performing their best
- Coaching and supporting new as well as existing Sales Associates
- Monitoring and maintaining store inventory
- Evaluating employee performance for identifying hiring or training needs
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Master’s degree would be a plus
- Prior experience as an Assistant Manager
- Experience with performance evaluation and recruiting procedures
- Sound knowledge of customer service and financial/accounting principles
- Excellent mathematical skills with experience of creating and analyzing sales statistics, reports and spreadsheets
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Ability to work in shifts
- Exceptional management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills