This sample of senior auditor interview questions will help you assess the right skills of the candidates for this profile.
Senior Auditor Interview Questions
The task of the senior auditor is to plan and administer the auditing process to ensure financial stability as well as compliance with the law. These individuals carry out control assessments and suggest tactics to avert risk.
This is a senior-level position, so make sure you look for the contenders with an academic background in Finance or Accounting. Also, they must possess a proven experience in risk management. The candidates with professional certificates such as CMA or CPA will stand out.
Make sure they have expertise in accounting softwares like QuickBooks, Zoho or the other softwares that you use. Pay attention to those who have team management skills as he/she will oversee internal auditors. Your ideal candidate will be the one who is passionate about his/her performance and can efficiently delegate tasks to their team members.
Have these senior auditor interview questions for your upcoming interview process to make your hiring decision easier.
Operational and Situational questions
- Suppose you discovered that a process in our company is not as lucrative as it could be. How would you present your findings to senior executives?
- What would you do if a manager or a client asks you to cover up fraud?
- Imagine that a high-performer in your team started delivering reports with errors. What would you do?
- How do you check others work (such as reports and flowcharts) for accuracy?
- What control management processes do you apply to reduce risks?
- Mention the audit softwares or Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) you have used.
- What is your experience with accounting softwares such as QuickBooks or Zoho?
- Was there a time when you suggested an improvement in the audit process? If yes, then elaborate it,
- How do you check your accuracy at work?
- Recall a time when your attention to detail helped you detect a potential law violation.
- By what means you keep yourself updated with the changes in accounting regulations?
- Describe a time when you made a mistake in your work. How did you resolve it?