Do you need an Account Receivable Clerk in your company? Ask the following interview questions to evaluate the skills and experience of aspiring candidates for this position.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Interview Questions
Accounts Receivable Clerks ensure that organizations receive all payments for their services and goods offered to the customers. These accounting professionals perform tasks, such as sending bill statements and reminders to clients, making bank deposits, and posting financial transactions to an accounting system.
Qualifications to look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Optional relevant certifications in CPA or CFA
Skills to look for
- Organization and prioritization
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to complete work on schedule
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets
In some organizations, core industry experience in this profile will be more valuable than general accounting experience. So, in that case, you have to add some customized industry-specific questions.
Operational and Situational questions
- Explain the issues related to accounts receivable.
- What is accounts receivable process? Explain in your words.
- How is a journal entry recorded?
- What are the commons small and long set goals in accounts?
- Explain reconciliation statement and investment banking?
- What factors motivate you to be an Accounts Receivable Clerk?
- What is the difference between debenture holders and creditors?
- What type of financial statements do you prepare?
- What type of information do you include in a bill for services rendered?
- Mention the goals of AR.
- What step will you take to close the AR period?
- Why do we put the capital amount in liabilities and not in assets?
- Differentiate between front-end collections and back-end collections.
- How familiar are you with any accounting software?
- Recall a situation when you found a billing discrepancy? How did you handle it?
- Was there a time when you faced a problem as Accounts Receivable Clerk? How did you resolve it?